Share Our Milk is a Farm to Table (Dairy) business operating the website https://www.shareourmilk.com. By completing a payment for a purchase from Share Our Milk and https://www.shareourmilk.com, you are entering into a binding purchase agreement with Share Our Milk, and agree to the following terms.
How It Works
- Share Our Milk sells calves, dairy cows, and shares of such.
- By purchasing a calf, cow, or share of such, you own said calf, cow, or share.
- Share Our Milk agrees to raise your calf at our dairy facilities, or other farm friendly dairies as needed, and provide you with a set amount of fresh milk, dairy products, or certificates for such products as determined by the dairy market.
- Share Our Milk also offers calves, cows, and shares of such for purchase to be donated to provide fresh milk and dairy products to less fortunate members of our communities.
- You will continue to receive milk, dairy products, or certificates for such as long as your cow remains on the farm. When your cow retires you will continue to receive milk from her replacement calf that has grown and taken her place.
- It takes approximately twenty four (24) months to raise a dairy calf into a dairy cow. the pricing offered by Share Our Milk to purchase calves, cows, or shares of such, covers the cost of purchasing, feeding, and raising calves for said twenty four (24) month period.
- When you purchase a calf, Share Our Milk provides you milk and dairy products from adult dairy cows. When your calf becomes a producing dairy cow, your cow provides fresh milk and dairy products to you and other customers whose calves are not yet producing.
- Surplus milk produced in addition to the amounts described above is sold on the open market to pay the expenses of continuing to feed and care for your cow.
- Share Our Milk will provide you a certificate of ownership of your calf, cow, or share of such. Said certificate of ownership remains valid only as long as payments are completed according to the terms of this purchase agreement and your payment plan as described in our shop pages and product descriptions on said shop pages.
- Share Our Milk will provide you with a calf starter and information kit for you to learn more about your calf and the process of producing milk and dairy products. Share Our Milk at its discretion may also offer other perks and benefits, which may be subject to change with or without notice.
- Share Our Milk will allow our customers and the public to visit our family farm during business hours. As such if you or others with you decide to visit our farm, all signs, notices, and staff instructions shall be followed so that you may have a safe and informative visit.
- Share Our Milk offers several payment options, for you to purchase a calf, cow, or share of such. These payment options provide varying lengths of time for you to pay the full price of the purchase of your calf, cow, or share of such.
- Share Our Milk does not currently charge additional finance fees or interest for these payment plans, however Share Our Milk may charge late fees for late payments as described below.
- Share Our Milk processes payments with PayPal. By making a purchase you agree to keep current payment information on file to complete payment transactions for your purchase according to the terms of the payment plan you selected.
- A payment is considered late when it is more than ten (10) days past due.
- A late fee of not more than five dollars ($5.00) will be added to past due accounts each billing cycle.
- When a payment is more than thirty (30) days past due, Share Our Milk will attempt to collect the debt, and may refer your account to a collections service or agency.
- In the event that attempts to collect the debt fail, Share Our Milk reserves the right to pursue all legal remedies available per the laws of the United States and the State of Utah.
- Regardless of debt collection attempts and legal remedies pursued by Share Our Milk, failure by you to complete full payment according to this agreement, and the terms of the payment plan you select as described in our shop pages and product descriptions, will result in forfeiture of your ownership of the cow, calf, or share of such that you agreed to purchase.
- You may not for any reason transfer ownership of a calf, cow, or share of such without written approval from Share Our Milk.
- In the event Share Our Milk approves transfer of ownership of your calf, cow, or share of such, the new owner must agree to the terms of this agreement and will become responsible for any outstanding amounts still due according to the terms of your payment plan.
- In the event of an approved transfer of ownership, Share Our Milk will issue a new certificate of ownership to the new owner.
- Upon transfer of ownership, Share Our Milk will no longer provide you with fresh milk, dairy products, or certificates for such, and will instead provide them to the new owner beginning on the effective date of transfer.
- Share Our Milk reserves the right to refuse transfer of ownership for any reason.
Limitation on Liability
- Share Our Milk shall not be held liable for damages from any claim arising from unforeseeable circumstances.
- In any event where a valid claim is made for damages, Share Our Milk shall only be held liable for the lesser amount of the cost of replacement of calf, cow, share of such, or other product we sell or actual damages.
- Share Our Milk shall not be held liable for any damages that arise from a visit to our farm as described above, and you or others accompanying you fail to follow all safety signs, notices or staff instructions.
- You agree that if a dispute arises between you and Share Our Milk, that every reasonable effort should be made to resolve said dispute by you and Share Our Milk.
- In the event of a dispute that cannot be reasonably resolved between you and Share Our Milk, the jurisdiction for any and all legal remedies shall be the State of Utah, and be subject to the laws of the State of Utah.
- In any action to enforce the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party of all legal fees and costs (including the costs of experts, evidence, and counsel) and other costs relating to such action, in addition to all other entitled relief, including damages and injunctive relief.
- In the event that any change in law, public policy, or ruling by a court of competent jurisdiction invalidates any clause or term of this purchase agreement, the remainder of the agreement shall remain in effect and be considered legally binding. Further, the offending clause(s) or term(s) shall be modified by Share Our Milk so as to comply with current law, public policy, or court ruling that may apply, and shall also be considered a legally binding clause of this agreement.
In the event you need to contact Share Our Milk regarding this agreement or any other matter related to your purchase, you may do so as follows.
Share Our Milk
PO Box 154, Elberta, UT 84626